Final Post Game: Establish the Communications

Hi, my game is called Establish the communications and it is about my history fair project. The first step in creating my controller was adding in the buttons. This part of the project was probably the least challenging and was quick. Next I had to wire the controller. I had to use the stripper tool and strip the male and female wires then tie wrap them both up in electrical tape. I did this with all my buttons which was 5, 4 playing buttons and a b button. Then I had to put all the wires into the buttons so that when I pushed down on the button the wires would make sure something happened. After I finished the first wiring step I had to ground wire. Ground wiring is using a ground wire to connect all my buttons together. The most difficult part of doing the wires was the crimping because it was difficult to do it a lot. Wiring in total took me about 1 double period and a little more than a single class period. This next step is where I had difficulty. After completing the wiring I had to hook it up to a monitor with a raspberry pie, sd card and adapter with a HDMI cable. When loading it up I had difficulties in which my screen would just turn rainbow and stay like that not moving. That was sadly the last class period I would have in class until I would have to face my problems online at home. I was not able to resolve my issues but I was impressed that I was able to hook it up to my TV using some more materials at home. I thought this was a great learning experience even if I was not able to finish the project, I was still able to learn many things like uploading my project from a raspberry pie to a TV and all the steps in between. I also learned more about wiring which I have not done much of before which was cool.